The photo is a shot of the whiteboard in the choir loft at the end of the retreat in 2019. Easter fell on April 21, so we had ANZAC Day on the Thursday. Bishop Columba memorably played bagpipes. We had confirmations on the Saturday, so we sang the propers over a Low Mass. I didn’t realise it was a Low Mass till after Mass.
Resolving to take better notes, this is in my diary from 2020, which is the year that the camp was cancelled, so must have been an earlier year, maybe 2018? Just found another very similar list dated 2017.
|Jesus Christ is Risen Today||Hail Redeemer||Crown Him||Bring All Ye||We Stand for God|
|Alleluia||Tantum Ergo||Non Nobis||Jubilate Deo||Dona Nobis|
|Soul of my Saviour||Sweet Sacrament||Let All Mortal Flesh||Godhead Here||O Bread of Heaven|
|O Purest of Creatures||All Creatures of Our God & King||Hail Queen of Heaven||Praise my Soul||Now Thank We All|
We had Online Choir Practice in 2020, but didn’t actually end up with a camp.
The idea was to take one bit of everyday chant plus one fun easy piece each week. As you can see, the wheels fell off halfway through, but I’ll leave it here as a plan that might work for the future.
- February 21: Kyrie 1 + Regina Caeli (simple chant)
- February 28: Gloria 1 + Ave Maria (round)
- March 6: Victimae Paschali Laudes + Jubilate Deo (round)
- March 13: Credo 1 + Alleluia (round)
- Here’s when lockdown started and choir and homeschool retreat plans fell by the wayside.
- March 20: Sanctus 1 + Jesu Rex Admirabilis
- March 27: Agnus Dei 1 + Dona nobis pacem
- April 3: All The Little Responses (Deo gratias, et cum spiritu tuo, habemus ad Dominum)
Maybe throw in an English hymn each time too.
Old choir resources page is here: https://kids-chant.gitbook.io/choir